Week 4: My Favorite Color is Yellow Jeep

You are my funshine, my only funshine.
On a sunny, 70 degree day, there’s  nothing better than unsnapping the two black levers that release my sunshine yellow Jeep’s cloth top. In about two minutes flat, the top is down, my Maui Jim shades  are on, and I’m putting the pedal to the metal to  soak up the world. Meghan Trainor or Pharell Williams   gives   me an open air concert as I navigate one of the Loudoun’s signature, pot-hole-dappled, gravel backroads.
The license plate, the creation of my daughter, Cady, says it all: Funshne. Whenever I’m behind the steering wheel of my instantly convertible Funshne, life is good. The breeze threads my hair. The sun toasts   my face. There are no bad days–or nights–in the driver’s seat of my Jeep Wrangler. The sweet serenade of spring peepers, the twinkling dance  of a thousand lightning bugs, and the perfectness of a full moon are   all the more stunning when viewed from a topless Jeep.
A few weeks back, I had one of the best drives home from work…potholes, flooded roadways, overflowing ditches that became fast-running streams. While other cars struggled to straddle the potholes and slowed to a snail’s pace to circumvent the six  inches of water that covered the road, I reveled in every bump. I swerved into the stream and hooted and hollered as  waves of water washed over the hood of Funshne. When I burst through the door at home, I announced, “I just had the most fun drive home ever!” My husband smiled and said, “You came home on Shreve Mill, didn’t you?” Why yes, like-minded  husband of mine, I did. 
This summer, we’ll head to Corolla, North Carolina and take Funshne four-wheeling, dipping our Bridgestone tires in the Atlantic Ocean, drawing zigzag paths in the sand, and roaring hysterically  as we celebrate life in our favorite, top-down yellow Jeep. 
What’s your favorite place to celebrate life?
Students: Your Missions in the Computer Lab Today:
1. This week, your assignment is to write about favorites (dessert, vacation, book, movie, video game, board game,  birthday party, restaurant,  subject, sport, or anything else that’s a favorite of yours!).
2. Visit a student  in Mrs. Donofrio’s class. Leave a quality comment that includes a question and a link back to your blog (add URL, such as https://mrsrombachreads.edublogs.org).
Week 5: Favorites

This post is going to be for a three-week period as schools in Australia are on Easter break soon. The next official post will be on  Sunday 19th April. Miss W will do a fun post in between with some great sites to visit.

Our topic this week is favorites.  This will give you infinite options   for composing posts.

Your post should include all of the following:

1. at least three paragraphs if you are 11 or older
  2. an image or video or music with correct attribution
  3. a title that grabs the attention of the readers
  4. at least one link to another website so readers can build on the information you have written
  5. a question for readers to answer
  6.  leave a comment for Miss Waters telling her about your post (include the URL for your post)

On this or a future post, try  some of the  new tools presented by the Student Blogging Challenge (see below).  

Web tools to use

10 thoughts on “Week 4: My Favorite Color is Yellow Jeep

1. Hi Mrs. Rombach
    My favorite place to celebrate life is on my boat. I love to go fast in the Gulf of Mexico and ride the waves. I also like to go slow and look at whatever sea life is around the boat. I guess its kinda like your jeep, it is great on the smooth road but you have so much fun on the rougher rides.

• Hi Erich-

I love being behind the steering wheel of a boat, too! I grew up fishing and water skiing on the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. What kind of sea life do you see in the Gulf of Mexico? I do love zipping over the wake and having the salt spray splash against my face. You’re right in making the comparison between the boat and the Jeep. They’re both open-air vehicles that deliver a boatload of fun.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I’ll come see yours, too!
      Mrs. Rombach
      http://mrsrombachreads.edublogs.org

2. Hey Mrs. Romback,
    Great post! I half to say, you have me jealous with that yellow jeep of yours. All the detail you used was so great, I could picture it all happening, boy it sure sounds fun, I wish I had a jeep like that, especially with that cool of a name. One of my favorite things to do to celebrate life is probably riding on my big blue four- wheeler. I just love the thrill of it, I’m not sure why, but it I just love the feeling of it when the winds in my face and hair. But the time it really gets fun is when I get to go to a place in Florida called the redneck yat club, I know it’s a weird name but it sure is a fun place. You can go mudding, swimming, camping, hiking, or just free ride any kind of machine that has wheels around the woods to just have some fun.
    Once again, great post! I hope all your students do great on the students blogging challenge! Oh, and one question, Shakespeare’s birthday is coming up on April 23, is your class doing anything for it? Our class is throwing a big birthday party.
    ~Lexi

3. Hey Mrs. Rombach!
    I really like this post, and your yellow jeep too! I think that my favorite place to celebrate life is at my house with family. I think this because you can spend quality time with your family and have lots of fun with them! By the way, my oldest brother just got a new convertable gray mustang! It is lots of fun and i can see why you love riding in your jeep with the top down! Have you ever been in a mustang?

-Dom

• Hi Dom-

I agree that everything is better with family, which is why my children love four-wheeling across a North Carolina beach as much as I do. 🙂 Wow, your older brother is a very lucky young man. A new convertible gray Mustang? I have ridden in one…and they’re fast and furious! 🙂 We almost bought my husband a convertible Camaro, but after renting one for a week at Disney, we decided it was tough to get in and out of–and didn’t have enough room for our family. Still, it was great fun to drive around for a week in the Florida sunshine. I wish you’d left you blog URL so I could leave this comment on YOUR blog. Next time, be sure you do…please! 🙂

Thanks for sharing out your thoughts. Great comment, Dom!
      Mrs. Rombach
      http://mrsrombachreads.edublogs.org

4. Hello Mrs.Rombach,
    I liked this post because of how neatly you organized it! Another thing that I really liked about your post was your epithet to your husband. Driving with the top of your car down, going over pot holes, and playing music does sound very fun! Something I like to do is similar to yours. I like to ride my bike on bumpy roads, over speed bumps, and on sidewalks that are uneven. I like it because you can bounce all over the place and keep going(hopefully!) What else do you like to do?
    ~Emma

5. Hi Mrs. Rombach,
    I am in Mrs. Donofrio’s class. My favorite place to celebrate life is at the soccer fields. I just release all my energy when I am there. The soccer fields are my happy place. I could spend the whole day kicking the ball into the goal. I think it is one of the most fun sports out there.

What is your favorite sport?

• Hi Anthony-
      I’ll leave my reply here and on your blog post. Thanks for telling me where I can find you…in Mrs. Donofrio’s class. You know what’s even better? If you’ll leave your blog URL so I can just click the hyperlink and be instantly transported to your blog. Now that’s some cool stuff. I’m glad that your happy place is on the soccer field. It’s good for your mind and body. Two of my children play soccer. Cady is on the girls JV high school team, and my son Sean plays in the rec league.

What’s my favorite sport? Mmmmmm. I don’t know that I can pinpoint my favorite sport, because it depends whether I’m watching it or doing it. I’d have to say I love watching any sport my kids are participating in…cross country, track, basketball, soccer, swimming. I also love watching football, especially my favorite team, the Pittsburgh Steelers. If the Olympics are on, I could sit and watch just about any sport—snowboarding, ice skating, rowing, whatever. Forget it. I can’t pick a favorite sport. However, I can pick a favorite sports team…hands down, the Pittsburgh Steelers. Which team gets your vote as favorite?

Thanks for the great comment!
      Mrs. Rombach

6. You sound a bit like me Mrs Rombach. I love hopping into my car – sorry no hood and not jeep yellow – then heading down any road I have not been on before.

When visiting the north west coast of Tasmania recently, I went out to Rocky Cape National Park. Lots of deep potholes, gravel road and narrow winding roads. Loved it – swerving to miss the potholes that would have been too deep for my low to the ground car.