Beyond the Post: Blog Building Resources

You’ve picked your theme? Check!

You’ve written your About Me page? Check!

You’ve written and published your first post? Check!

If you’ve successfully completed all of the above, and are ready to personalize your blog even further, it might be time to enter the wonderful world of widgets. Widgets, or gadgets, make your blog more interesting, more interactive, and more likely to be visited.

Widgets allow you to post or embed videos, insert a virtual pet or bookshelf, or track visitors with a map or counter. On this page, you’ll find dozens of widgets that I’ve found during my web explorations. I’ve also posted links to free stock photos, which you are free to include in your posts.

You may discover other interesting widgets and gadgets as you visit other student or teacher blogs. If you do, share your best finds with Mrs. Rombach in the form of a comment!

Here’s a brief introduction to widgets:

Click on this image to view Mrs. Rombach's growing collection of student-friendly blog resources.

Click on this image to view Mrs. Rombach’s growing collection of student-friendly blog resources.

One thought on “Beyond the Post: Blog Building Resources

1. Who inspires me?
    The person who inspires me is Salva because he went through a difficult time in his life and he did not give up. In addition to not giving up, he tried to help other people even though he was only eleven years old. See you tomorrow Mrs. Rombach! 😀